Perspectives from a Mediator/Arbitrator

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stanley Cup and Minor League Umps

I am thoroughly enjoying the NHL playoffs. What makes it so interesting to me is that a penalty is a penalty regardless of when it happens. It makes the game more interesting, more high-scoring and more consistent. In baseball, the rules do not change because it is the playoffs and the bottom of the ninth and in my view the rules should not change in hockey. Not a big fan of sports that tinker to much with their games but this is one change I am appreciating.

Noticed that the minor league umpires in baseball reached a tentative settlement with the assistance of a federal mediator but then the deal got turned down by the umpires. I would love to hear from anyone who can give me more details on why this happened and what the likely next steps are to be? I know what would happen here in Ontario (or by that I mean the likely outcomes)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home